Human Behavior analysis using data science

Dear Friends,

here i am expecting different definations which we can discuss in the field of data science.

how about: “Human Behavior analysis”

1 Like

A study on human behavior has revealed that 90 percent of the population can be classified into four basic personality types : optimistic, pessimistic, trusting and envious.

But making the machines learn these abstract decisions when we as humans often fail is really difficult.
Also there are so many other factors - The surroundings, state of mind which keeps on changing depending on different situations in life.

Human behavior also changes with different people time to time.

It will also be good challenge to judge behavior pattern on the basis of poeple with same personality type vs people with different personality type when together.

1 Like

Thank you so much.

the next thought is, what if we study different patterns, classify them and then provide some suggestions like: “if category-1 works category-2 they will have very good professional chemistry” OR “if category-1 leads chetegory-2 , the chance of project completion is 80%” and so on and so forth.

this kind of modelling can be used for recruitment purpose, matrimonial purpose, personality development purpose and may be more…

how this idea for research is?

Hi,

I think there is a need for narrowing down the question where data science acts as a tool for research and analysis of human behaviour. Say, in case of understanding the organisational structure of cognition or to understand the behaviour exhibited by any intelligent entity (not limited to humans) there certainly is a need for an interdisciplinary approach. Hence to frame research question regarding human behaviour analysis I would suggest reading research papers in cognitive science that comprises of understanding the cognition and the associated behaviour from multiple disciplines such as Psychology, Philosophy, AI, Neuroscience, Linguistics, Anthropology.

For a quick introduction into the field of cognitive science please see the following link Cognitive Science.

Also, I suggest reading the following introductory books:
Mind - Introduction to Cognitive science by Paul Thagard
Minds, Brains, and Computers: An Historical Introduction to the Foundations of Cognitive Science.

I hope you may find different perspectives from research papers and books about the understanding of human behaviour.

4 Likes

@4deep.prk - Thank you so much for your directions. I was thinking to go ahead in this direction but really stuck with the starting. I will definatly go through the resources you suggested.

1 Like