WEEK 17 Question :- DAP effect on yield

Here are the lurking variables that i can think of:-

• Amount :- It is obvious that the amount of DAP will also affect the yield

• Interval :- The yield will also depend on the interval of adding DAP

• Usage of pesticide :- The yield will also be affected by how much pesticide is used . If there are no pest tp eat the crop the production will increase.

• Irrigation :- It might be possible that the absence or presence of water may have had some effects on crop yield.

This is all I can think. Please reply to this post and let me know what you people think.

1 Like

To add on - Amount of water used compared to neighbour and the time after which the fertilizer used(say after 2 weeks of plantation or so) in comparision to neighbour.

2 Likes

First time of adding fertilizer. Yes that can be a lurking variable too.

I thing a Lurking variable like crop season(Kharif/Rabi/Zaid) will affect the Yield. Because It is directly related to Water Availability.
Some other factors like

1. Type of soil : Different type of soil have different water holding capacity
  2. Net Solar radiation Availability : It will affect the fertilizer release rate
  3. Ground Water condition:
  4. Soil nutrient availability: What if Phosphate already higher in soil?
1 Like

Lurking variable on Farm production

I thing a Lurking variable like crop season(Kharif/Rabi/Zaid) will affect the Yield. Because It is directly related to Water Availability. Some other factors like

• The weather of the day

• Type of soil

• Net Solar radiation Availability

• Ground Wate condition

• Nutrients Availability

2 Likes

Thanks for replying @Kartik_Jadav.

I see you have given a lot of thought in this.

Although I agree with all your points by I don’t see how weather of the day will affect the crop production.

1 Like

1- to increase more crop production.
2-ofcourse soil matters in this
3-the main point is that DAP is highly soluble and thus dissolves quickly in soil.

And others point had already been mentioned by our colleagues so there is nothing much to say

1 Like

Thanks @miteshmitesh492 for replying.