Week 4: Relative Frequency Histograms - Sachin Score

I am facing difficulty for the Section: Week 4, Histogram Continued where we have to find the Frequency and also the Relative Frequency of the bar graph, SO how to find out those two things please let me know.
Thank you.

For frequency, it’s just the number of occurrences of a number inside a dataset.
Ex: 2,3,6,1,6,3,6,1,6,6
Here frequency of 6 is 5.

On the other hand, relative frequency is how many times a number occurs divided by total points in a dataset.
The relative frequency for 6 in upper shown dataset will be 5/10 = 0.5

2 Likes

Sorry to say, But I didn’t find the right answer after referring what you said. Please look into the attached 2 pictures and Please tell me how to Find the Frequency and Relative Frequency. Even let me know how did they get ‘463’ into the Relative Frequency Coloumn.

In the frequency image, bin size is taken as 10.
So, when we talk about sachin scoring runs between 20-29, we take the bar between 20-30 higher by 1 unit length.
463 here refers to the total number of innings for sachin tendulkar( including the ones he didn’t bat in)

Yes I understand, But where is 463 mentioned and who said total number of Innings for Sachin is 463.

It’s a visualization, and the data is not yet introduced to you.

It’s just for understanding of the concept in theoretical terms

Oh then it’s Fine. I was thinking how 463 has mentioned and wasted 2 days thinking what’s the solution for it :rofl:
Thanks for the help!

1 Like

And what about the Frequency…How did we calculate the frequency as 143, 56, 47, 46…Or this is also just Visualizationa nd random numbers? If No, then how to calculate these frequency?

No these are not random numbers, 143 is the number of innings where sachin scored 0-9 runs, 56 is the number of innings where sachin scored 10-19 runs, and so on. That’s how the frequency for each of the bins is calculated.

1 Like

@saroteshubham1
This is real-life data. 463 is the number of matches that Sachin played. Please refer the following links below

https://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/35320.html

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=2;template=results;type=allround;view=match

1 Like